[Mac OS X TeX] Figure sizing in TeXShop

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Tue Jan 29 03:06:24 CET 2002

I have a basic question (is there a FAQ for this list somewhere?) about
importing figures from Illustrator.  After generating the figures and
saving them as pdf when I include them in a LaTeX document the borders
are set for what appears to be the page size.  I use to fix this in
Illustrator 9 by redefining the page size to the size of the figure (or
slightly larger) and this worked fine.  In Illustrator X (the Japanese
version just came out a couple of weeks ago) this fix no longer seems to
work.  How can I get the figures to include correctly in TeXShop (LaTeX)
without inappropriate white space?  By the way -- whose bug is this -
Adobe or pdftex?

							Paul Fons

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.