[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop crashing OS X

david craig dac at panix.com
Sat Jan 5 02:25:11 CET 2002

This may be a TeXShop bug, or it may be something else.  To be sure, try
checking out your disk for problems.

Just for kicks, try starting up in single-user mode (hold down cmd-S as
you reboot).  You'll boot into a command-line environment.  Assuming
that doesn't bug you out, run file system check/repair by entering

fsck -y

at the command line.  Let it run.  It'll either tell you that your disk
appears to be ok, or that the file system was modified.  If the latter,
run it again until there are no more reports of problems.  Then type
"reboot", and you will.

(I'm not actually sure if booting from the OS X CD and running DFA is
more thorough than fsck, less, or just exactly the same thing.  I
usually do the above.)

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>

"help" (no quotes) in the body.