[Mac OS X TeX] italian hyphenation

Alessandro Languasco languasc at math.unipd.it
Wed Jan 2 11:49:17 CET 2002

Dear Gerben,

first of all a big Happy New Year to you and to all the other
guys in this list.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. But I was not able to do that yet.
I have obtained the following message:

[localhost:~] languasc% sudo texconfig hyphen pdflatex
Password:
sudo: texconfig: command not found

I have to be in some specific directory to run texconfig or maybe I
have to run some other command before ?
I have the teTeX distribution associated with TeXshop.

Sorry if this question is stupid.  Maybe you (or some other guy) already
said what I have to do to abilitate the tex commands.

Another question: do you know where I can find a guide to
teTeX distribution? Something where I can learn how to abilitate
the commands, and how is organized the teTeX path... and so on.

A wish for the TeXShop wish-list: it would be very useful if TeXshop
could allow to customize teTeX formats, or the default editor,
via some script (or something like that).

Thanks again,
	Alessandro

On Wednesday, January 2, 2002, at 10:31 , Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 26, 2001, at 11:55 , Alessandro Languasco wrote:
>
>> I would like to insert the italian hyphenation in my TeXShop-TeTeX
>> System under Os X.1.
>> I rememeber that I have to recompile the Latex format but I don't know
>> what I have to do in such a new system.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion ?
>>
>> TIA,
>> 	Alessandro
>
> Start Terminal.app. Then type:
>
> 	sudo texconfig hyphen pdflatex
>
> where the last word is the format you use normally. This starts up yor
> default unix editor (probably vi, so you need to know how vi works)
> unless before that command you have set the EDITOR environment variable.
>
> Go a few pages down. Uncomment (remove the %) from the line that
> defines italian hyphenation. Maybe comment another that you do not use.
> Save the file and exit. The formats that depend on that hyphenation are
> recreated automatically by texconfig.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.