[Mac OS X TeX] Trying to get something Alpha-ish in Mac OS X

Peter Erwin erwin at ll.iac.es
Thu Feb 21 21:14:46 CET 2002

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the tip about atChange.  I suspect it would be more busy than what
I was after -- re-running TeX each time I save the file (which I do a
lot, being
mildly paranoid about application crashses) is probably too often.

But I'll give it a try, and it looks like a *very* useful general
tool.  I'm sure I'll
find some things to use it on...

    -- Peter

>You can use the perl-script atChange to do all the latex-stuff when
>the file is saved with Alpha. In Terminal.app you can type something
>like this:
>atchange myfile.tex pdftex myfile.tex
>and the file myfile.tex will typeset if you save it.
>Look at http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/atchange.html for atChange.
>--Jan--
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.