[Mac OS X TeX] How to get teTeX pdf mathematics read by Illustrator X

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Thu Feb 14 01:45:03 CET 2002

I would like to make some slides in Illustrator using mathematics
typeset using pdftex (TeXShop). The pdf file looks great in preview as
well as with Acrobat, but Illustrator, while able to open the file, does
not display some characters (noninclusively specifically greek and minus
signs).  The type 1 fonts exist in the system Library folder and Acrobat
indicates that they are imbedded as well (CMSY10 and CMMI10).  What is
the score here -- how can I get Illustrator to read in the typeset
mathematics correctly.  It should be added here that Illustrator 9 does
apparently read in the file correctly (according to a colleague), but
has trouble with printing.

									Paul Fons

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.