[Mac OS X TeX] iTeXMac editor slow

Berndt Farwer farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Feb 13 11:22:12 CET 2002

Hi Ulli,

first of all thanks for trying to help! I am writing this off-list just
to ask whether you would be willing to tell me what your fix for the
problem is. Since I have some spare time right now, would it be possible
for me to test it?

Berndt

On Mittwoch, Februar 13, 2002, at 10:54 , Ullrich Steiner wrote:

> I hope Jerome Laurens is reading this.
>
> I have another guess.  iTexMac has a bug that is connected to the
> display of the toolbar - open the console and you see'll hundreds of
> error messages zooming through.  It could be that these messages
> interfere with the typing speed.
>
> I have a fix for this, but haven't had time to test whether this
> improves things.
>
> Ulli
>
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 10:35 , Berndt Farwer wrote:
>
>> Syntax colouring, match delimiter, watch text, and smart selection are
>> all off ... still no change!
>>
>> On Mittwoch, Februar 13, 2002, at 10:30 , Ullrich Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> My guess is that it has to do with syntax coloring and matching
>>> delimiters (mainly the last).  Try turning those off.
>>>
>> Berndt
>> (farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de)

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

Gruß,
Berndt Farwer
Berndt Farwer (farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de)
University of Hamburg, Dept. of Computer Science
Vogt-Kölln-Str. 30, D-22527 Hamburg, Germany

phone:  +49 40 42883-2237
fax :   +49 40 42883-2246

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.