[Mac OS X TeX] Running latex from the command line

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sat Feb 2 19:52:57 CET 2002

On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 06:01 , William May wrote:

> I recently started using TeXShop with quite good results. However when
> I try to run latex from the command line (i.e. terminal window) I get
> the error: "I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!". Does anyone
> know how I can get latex going? Thanks!

This depens on which TeX you have installed. Problems like these occur
when you have another TeX installed as well. Probably this TeX, and not
the one that TeXShop is configured for, is found and the TeX that is
founc on the command line is not configured/installed correctly.

With 'which tex' and 'where tex' you can find out.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.