[Mac OS X TeX] aliases v symlinks

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Thu Feb 21 22:03:33 CET 2002

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 05:26 , Larry Paulson wrote:

> In TexShop (or rather the underlying tetex) I find that MacOS aliases
> are not
> recognized, as in \includegraphics{blah} where blah.pdf is an alias.
> One has
> to go to the command line and use the Unix "ln" command.  Any chance of
> fixing
> that?

The short answer is: No.

The somewhat longer answer is: No, because TeX does not know anything
about links, it relies on the kernel (and the standard libraries) to
resolve links. As far as TeX is concerned, it just opens a file. So, the
only party who can fix this is Apple.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.