[Mac OS X TeX] Opening files with TeXShop

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Feb 6 10:32:11 CET 2002

Is it possible to increase the list of file extensions accepted by
TeXShop's built-in editor? I wanted to edit a custom letter class
legiletter.cls, and TeXShop refused to open it. So I had the choice of
either:

(1) working with two editors simultaneously, TextEdit (or BBEdit) for
the .cls file and TeXShop for the .tex files, or

(2) use /Developer/Tools/SetFile to change the type of my .cls file
>from "" to "TEXT", then TeXShop accepts to open it.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.