[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar+pdf

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Feb 5 17:09:27 CET 2002

> For an electronic presentation, I wouldn't recommend mixing portrait
> and landscape slides. But using (dvi)tex/dvips/ghostscript or distiller
> should work (I think).
> (dvi)tex/dvips definitely produces correct PostScript.

Even without mixing portrait and landscape formats, TeXShop seems unable
to create landscape documents. I don't understand why. I tried to cure
this by setting the Composer to TeX + GhostScript, and ask TeXShop
(through the Preferences window) to save the intermediate PS file, then
open the PS file with MacGSView, but alas nothing is changed: the PS
file is still a landscape document cropped to portrait (so half the
slide is actually missing).

As I absolutely needed to create a PDF landscape slide, I finally had to
fire up Mac OS 9.2.1 then use OzTeX or Textures. By the way, the problem
has nothing to see with the seminar package, I was faced with it using:

\documentclass[a4paper,landscape]{slides}

(OzTeX handles landscape documents perfectly well, but I had problems
printing my beloved Lucida fonts with Carbon OzTeX 5.0b7, that's why I
had to switch back to the OS 9 version.)

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.