[Mac OS X TeX] Two new TeX dmg releases

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sat Feb 2 13:50:54 CET 2002

There will be a new release today with a smal fix: the sizes in the
current releases are still the default (rather small) sizes.

Instead of downloading an entire new dmg, you can download

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/TeX/texmf/texmf.cnf.macosx

and install it as

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 10:32 , Gerben Wierda wrote:

> There are two new TeX releases for you people to test:
>
> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-
> gs/TeXLive-develop-teTeX-texmf-beta-20020129.dmg
>
> contains the state of TeX Live development from Feb 01, 2002 for the
> programs. It contains more programs (e.g. dvipdfm) than teTeX, but the
> code is 'bleeding edge' and thus may contain slightly more errors.
>
> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-
> gs/teTeX-beta-20020129-teTeX-texmf-beta-20020129.dmg
>
> contains the programs for teTeX-beta from Jan 29, 2002. The differences
> between both are small (because TeTeX follows TeXLive in certain areas
> while TeX Live follows teTeX in others) but not nonexistent.
>
> Both have in addition an updated altpdftex program and an epstopdf than
> can handle mac style end-of-line and (due to a fix by Peder Axensten)
> buggy eps files from FreeHand.
>
> Both contain the same main texmf tree which consists of my original
> main texmf tree with the new teTeX beta texmf tree written over it (and
> one patch applied).
>
> Please test these releases and let me know if there are problems. This
> is the best time to catch problems in *both* major TeX distributions
> for unix and evolve to a  stable and rich solution for Mac OS X.

> PS. Please back up your /usr/local/teTeX tree before testing. Not that
> I think there is something wrong, but a) you never know and b) it is
> the easiest way to get back to your current working solution.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.