[Mac OS X TeX] Re: emacs 21.1

Joshua S. Hodas hodas at cs.hmc.edu
Fri Feb 22 17:51:17 CET 2002

At 12:55 PM +0100 2/22/02, Piet van Oostrum wrote:
>  >>>>> Thierry Ramond <thierry.ramond at math.u-psud.fr> (TR) writes:
>
>TR> The "Aqua" version of Emacs 21.1 can be found at
>TR> http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

Just downloaded this and it is great. But it lacks one feature I can
not do without, drag and drop of files to be edited.

It is funny, when I am in a terminal window, I see nothing wrong with
typing a path to emacs (either in the command line or at ^x^f). But
when I am working in teh Aqua/Finder side of things it just seems
utterly anathema.

I would guess it should possible to write a little desktop
applescript that you could drop files onto which would then send the
appropriate commands to emacs to open the files via the
applescript/unix integration, but I have not had time to look at such
stuff.

Anyone want to volunteer to put such together, or have a better idea?

Josh

Josh Hodas / Associate Professor        Office Phone: (909) 621-8650
Director, Computer Science Clinic       Clinic Sec'y: (909) 607-8379
Computer Science / Harvey Mudd College  Home Phone:   (909) 625-1179
1250 North Dartmouth Avenue             E-Mail:       hodas at cs.hmc.edu
Claremont, CA 91711                     WWW :  http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~hodas/

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.