[Mac OS X TeX] How many TeX's for OSX are there now ?

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Mon Feb 11 22:38:04 CET 2002

On Monday, February 11, 2002, at 10:53 , Martin Costabel wrote:

> BTW, you don't install Fink's tetex instead of Gerben's. Fink tetex *is*
> Gerben's teTeX, just not the very latest version. It gets its sources
> from the CTAN tetex directory and applies Gerben's patches.

As my patches have been integrated now in TeX Live (and teTeX) if
necessary, the patches are no longer maintained and are increasingly out
of date. The patches are against a teTeX beta from December 2000 and a
pdfTeX beta release from August 2001.

So long as you use TeX+dvips+ghostscript, that is no big deal. But if
you use pdfTeX, it pays to be recent if you want to produce good PDF as
PDF has  been updated and fixed a lot over the last year.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.