[Mac OS X TeX] Fink, system-tetex, and latex2html

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 18 12:56:33 CET 2002

>Michael Murray wrote:
>
>>  mac[user]% sudo fink install netpbm-bin
>>  Password:
>>  Reading package info...
>>  Information about 723 packages read in 36 seconds.
>>  pkg netpbm  version bin
>>  Failed: no matching version found for netpbm
>
>In this case, the explanation I gave might not be right. I assumed that
>you had, like me, updated to the latest CVS version of the fink package
>descriptions. If you still have the netpbm-9.24-1 package, I don't know
>what happened. To find out, you could do:
>
>- fink list netpbm (to know where you are exactly)
>- fink rebuild latex2html (This does not take long, and in the configure
>messages you will probably see why it thinks no image format is
>available.)
>In may case it said:
>
>   checking for pnmcrop... no
>   Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure.
>
>It did not find the pnmcrop program, because it was not installed.
>pnmcrop is (now) installed by the netpbm-bin package, and I think it
>used to be installed by the netpbm (<= 9.24-1) package.
>
>--
>Martin

Hi Martin

I did get the latest CVS (if a few days back is the latest).
I have netpbm 9.24-1 though.  I modified /sw/lib/latex2html/l2hconf.pm by
hand to tell it to use png and gif.

My attempts to latex2html now give me

-----------
macmurray2[mmurray]% latex2html test.tex
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2K.1beta (1.61)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Revised and extended by:
  Marcus Hennecke, Ross Moore, Herb Swan and others
...producing markup for HTML version 3.2

  *** processing declarations ***

OPENING /Users/mmurray/test.tex

Cannot create directory test/: File exists, reusing it.

Note: Working directory is /Users/mmurray/Test
Note: Images will be generated in /tmp/l2h12955

texexpand V2K.1beta (Revision 1.11)

Reading ...
++

Failed to read in document parts (out of memory?).
macmurray2[mmurray]%
---------------

Is there away of getting more verbose logging ?

Thanks - Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt