[Mac OS X TeX] Re: Bib Managers under OS X

Michael McCracken michael_mccracken at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 03:28:46 CET 2002

On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 05:00  PM, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> I'm just in the process of moving to an OS machine and I would like to
> ask
> what native bib managers that are available? (I would prefer one with a
> GUI)
>
>                     jem

I had this same question a while back, and found nothing working in OS X
(only classic), so...

I've been working on a Cocoa bibliography manager for my own use.
I could release it, if it looked like a lot of people would like it.

A short description:
It reads & writes (most) BibTeX .bib files and plays within the format
Allows easy browsing of annotations (and nifty typeset preview)
Searches for text in any entry
Quick search helps find the right document in long databases
Drag n' Drop (and Copy/Paste) citations into TeX documents

Many more features are planned, such as printing with annotations, etc.

The sequence that I had in mind (and works *now*) is:
1 - find a paper on citeseer or researcher's web page
2 - drag bibtex entry into my application
3 - add a note
4 - drag citation into tex paper.

Let me know if this is what you had in mind.

-Mike

--
Michael O. McCracken
mike at cs.ucsd.edu