[Mac OS X TeX] New TeXLive-teTeX release (minor changes)

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sun Feb 10 21:27:32 CET 2002

On 2/10/02 3:11 PM, "Gerben Wierda" <sherlock at rna.nl> wrote:

> People who maintain links to my distribution (e.g. frontend developers)
> should link to one of the following:
>
> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/TeX.dmg (is whatever I am using,
> one of the following:)
> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/TeXLive-teTeX.dmg (TeXLive
> programs, teTeX texmf tree)
> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/teTeX-teTeX.dmg (teTeX programs,
> teTeX texmf tree)
>
> where TeX.dmg is the preferred link.

Gerben (or anyone else who can help),

Maybe this is a good time ask the following question: what exactly is the
difference between "TeXLive programs, teTeX texmf tree" and "teTeX programs,
teTeX texmf tree"? My current installation is your previous TeXLive
distribution and before that I was using one of the early December releases
of your teTeX distribution. I saw no noticeable difference between these in
my day-to-day use. Do you have any recommendations as to the distribution
different types of users should be using? Should I always be using TeXLive
because it is "the future"?

Thank you again for your amazing efforts.

All the best,
--
Gary L. Gray

"help" (no quotes) in the body.