[Mac OS X TeX] New naming scheme for TeX distributions

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 8 17:44:53 CET 2002

Gerben,

This is fine. Is it active now?
However, I do not understand the message.

First you say that you have retired the name teTeX.dmg. Then you list a
link
to TeXLive-teTeX.dmg. Is that retired? (I ask because all later links
contain teTeX).

Then you list two other links, one to teTeX-teTeX.dmg and one to TeX.dmg.
Finally you write "Links to either of the above and will be the one that
I am
using myself for production." That sentence doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry to be dense. I want to have just one link on my site, and I want
it to point to the "preferred" distribution, that is, the one you run
yourself.
What link should I use?

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu