[Mac OS X TeX] Fink, system-tetex, and latex2html

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Feb 17 07:47:11 CET 2002

Hi David

I have run system-tetex before and it had no problems I am not
sure what is happening to yours.

I also used fink to install latex2html and got a similiar
outcome.  My memory of l2h on UNIX from a few years ago
was that you had to run a file called something like
install-test to do the setup.  I think that

>Error: No such image type ''.
>        This installation supports (first is default):

is because it should have been told the image type is
gif or png or something and all it has got is an empty
string.

I couldn't find a file install-test
  in the latex2html folder which seemed to be in /sw/lib.
But when I looked at the log of the install at one
point it seemed to list the directory of this folder and
install-test was in it ?  At this point I decided that
was enough procrastination from my grant application so I
ran fink remove!

Have a look in your latex2html folder and see if you have
such a file. If so I would try running it - its a perl script
I think.

Ross Moore is the expert on this - I am sure he will reply soon :-)
He has the online manual on this web page

http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/manual/

Michael

PS: Check out my reply to quote ratio :-)

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt