[OS X TeX] Jaguar and Texshop (corrected)

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 14:36:24 CEST 2002

>Could someone please test the following file with TeXShop:
>
>http://www.eos.tuwien.ac.at/OR/Mehlmann/Andis/Test/sysmodnneu.tex
>
>My problems with it:
>
>opening the file in TeXShop (Jaguar has been installed; I did not
>experience this behavior in X 10.1.5) slows down all actions
>(changing something; compiling). This effect does not appear with
>other types of tex-files in TexShop, but even with this type of file
>it does not appear e.g. in iTeXMac.
>

>Any hints?
>
>Best
>
>Alex
>--------

Hi Alex

I tried but it needs egame.sty and I don't have it. I can have
another go if you can point me at where that style file is.

I am getting some strange pauses in TeXShop where the rainbow cursor
spins and nothing will happen with another document of mine.  In
my case nothing is happening but the pdf preview is on display.
Top says TeXShop is using 85%CPU when this happens.  I have a
PB 400 so no Quartz Extreme.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of thing ?

Alex have you opened Applications/Utilities/Console to see if there is
anything TeXShop related in the log?

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt