FW: [OS X TeX] TeXShop 1.20

Marc Parizeau parizeau at mac.com
Fri Aug 30 16:47:12 CEST 2002

>> I'm sorry if this issue has already been raised.
>>
>> I just upgraded to TeXShop 1.20 but I'm still running Mac OS X 10.1.5.
>> Since upgrading, the PDF preview in TeXShop is blank!  The PDF file
>> itself seems to be OK because I can double click on it and view it in
>> Acrobat.  Do I need to drop back to the previous version of TeXShop.
>> Is there some magic I can perform to get it working properly again?

As for myself (TexShop 1.20 on OSX 10.1.5), each time I start TeXShop by
clicking on a .tex file, the associated pdf window is blank. But if I close
the tex window and open it again, then the pdf window is ok. When TexShop is
already started (with an opened .tex), I can double click on any other .tex
file and it always opens the pdf window ok. But if I start TexShop by
clicking on the app icon, then the pdf window of the first opened document
is also blank.

Resizing the pdf window doesn't change anything for me. Nor does running
LaTeX.

Conclusion: the first open doesn't work (blank pdf window), but the
succeeding ones are ok. Looks like an initialization problem.

Hope this helps.

MP