[OS X TeX] My Lucida and MathTimes Issues...

Dave McCollum mccollum at colorado.edu
Fri Aug 9 20:45:58 CEST 2002

Hi,

I would like to thank Bruno for his excellent assistance. He was able
to help me with both sets of issues. Everything (my use of Lucida and
MathTime fonts with teTeX) is working well.

My Lucida font problem turned out to be a bad T1 PS font file.

I had to modify the updmap.cfg file to add support for both the
Lucida and MathTime fonts. For the Lucida fonts, Gerben's fix worked:

    sudo updmap --enable Map lucidabr.map

I had manually edited the updmap.cfg file to add support for
MathTime. However, following Gerben's fix for the Lucida fonts, and
now knowing the correct map file names, one could, and should,
probably just do this:

    sudo updmap --enable Map mt-yy.map

for the basic set of MathTime fonts, and

    sudo updmap --enable Map mt-plus.map

for the MathTime Plus set of fonts.

When I figure out how to add support for Adobe's set of PS fonts (in
lieu of the default URW fonts), I will post a message to that effect.
Also, I will try to figure out how to add support for the Adobe Times
Small Caps, Times OsF, and Mathematical Pi sets of fonts. If anyone
has done this, or knows how to, or both, please feel free to pass
along any advice.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Dave