[OS X TeX] sharing texmf trees

Andy White bad_machine at mac.com
Thu Aug 8 03:35:18 CEST 2002

I had an interesting time recently trying to share my texmf tree with
other users.  I gave rw permissions to group and r to everyone and
tried:

  - Making an alias to another user in Finder as root
  - sudo ln -s ~/Library/texmf /Users/other/Library/texmf
  - hardwiring /Users/andy/Library/texmf into texmf.cnf

none of which worked - what did though, was moving my tree to
~/.texmf and hardwiring that location in texmf.cnf

While this satisfies my needs on a home machine, it's hardly optimal
- I've probably missed something really obvious, but I can't see why
the ln -s didn't work, as the user could see and cat the files, but
not teTeX ?

Thanks.

--
&2.718...