[OS X TeX] MathTimes-Textures to Mac OS X?

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Fri Aug 9 20:23:28 CEST 2002

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I followed the steps but I could
not get it to work right:

1 Using texshop on a test file, some symbols look ok (eg integral, sum),
others look wrong (left-right parentheses appear as ,/), and others
don't show up at all (greek letters). If I use Acrobat to read the
generated pdf, I get the message "font RMTMI contains a bad box" and the
sum and integral are replaced with strange characters.

2 The log says
	Warning: pdftex (file mtex.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for
reading
	Warning: pdftex (file rmtmi.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for
reading
	Warning: pdftex (file mtsy.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for
reading
These pfb files are in fact located in
usr/local/tetex/share/texfm.local/fonts/type1/yandy/mathtime and I've
run texhash a couple times to be sure. Incidentally,  I get the same
warning (cannot open Type 1 font file for reading) if I delete the pfb
files from their directory.