[OS X TeX] Installing MusiXTeX

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 19 19:19:06 CEST 2002

On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 09:43  AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> As I recall, your TeX was unable to find a .sty file when running
> LATeX. If you create the directory  ~/Library/texmf/tex and put the
> .sty file there (or in any subfolder) it should be found.
>
> You wrote
>
>> I'd put musixtex.sty in ~/Library/texmf
>
> which both the README and the web site make clear: you need at least to
> have one subdirectory below that level, so ~/Library/texmf/tex for .sty
> files and ~/Library/texmf/fonts. If that is not clear from README and
> web site, I need to change the wording.

I'm sorry -- I should have been clearer.  I did try making it a level
lower than texmf.  So, I created ~/Library/texmf/musixtex and put the
.sty files there, but they weren't found.  It sounds like I should have
made ~/Library/texmf/tex/musixtex.  (I did sudo texhash after each
rearrangement.)  I did also try the fonts in ~/Library/texmf/fonts/ but
I probably didn't do all the intermediate type1 and source
subdirectories right.  I tried the dvips musix.map in
~/Library/texmf/dvips, but perhaps I needed more layers there, too.

Thanks for the explanation!

Mark

"help" (no quotes) in the body.