[OS X TeX] iInstaller Problems

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Aug 13 01:26:11 CEST 2002

On Monday, August 12, 2002, at 10:03 , Andreas Gschwendtner wrote:

> complete the update thereafter. If I click on the "Check if new Package
> Version is Available" button, I only get a message saying, that the
> package
> seems to be up to date!

It will still install fine, this is intended behaviour.

But I do think there might be a bug here when you abort downloading, in
that not all files in the package have actually been updated (the new
i-Installer will solve this elegantly by using checksums). So you might
have a mix of old and new with the info saying everything is new. This
is bad.

Workarounds:

1. As a workaround, run "clean cache" from the file menu. This will
remove everything from the cache, except the package information so that
any file that is needed will be downloaded again. That should put your
package again in a valid situation.

2. If you are unix-savvy, look inside the app wrapper and locate the
package. Then compare sizes of file with what you find at the URL with a
browser. Remove only those files that have obviously changed.

3. Throw this thin installer away and copy it again fro mwhere you got
it to your writable location.

I will not fix this bug, as I am working on a replacement.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.