[OS X TeX] Texshop problems

M. Tamer =?ISO-8859-1?B?1g==?=zsu tozsu at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 7 20:06:44 CEST 2002

On 4/7/02 1:24 PM, "Gary L. Gray" <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

>> 1. The paper is being typeset for A4
>
> You need to run the terminal and set the paper size. Issue the following
> commands in the terminal:
>
> sudo texconfig dvips paper letter
> sudo texconfig pdftex paper letter

This worked, thanks.

>> 2. The pdf file that is displayed in Preview does not contain any text other
>> than title, author information, section/subsection headings and figures.
>> There are scattered "ff"s on the pages.
>
> That is a result of using GS 7 with the TeX + GhostScript option. If you
> open the file in Acrobat, it should look right (usually). You may want to
> install GS 6.

I was indeed using GS 7. I removed it using i-install. However, when I try
to install GS 6, for a bunch of files I am getting the following error:

/Applications/Utilities/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:
share/ghostscript/fonts/s050000l.pfb: Could not create file: Permission
denied

The result output is the same.

Thanks for your help.

--