[OS X TeX] Bibitem label options

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Apr 27 04:19:08 CEST 2002

> I'll try that, but what I want is for the Bibliography entry NOT to have the
> label shown.

Try  \usepackage[authoryear]{natbib} .

That should suppress the numbers, since (from natbib.sty) :

\DeclareOption{authoryear}{\NAT at numbersfalse
   \ExecuteOptions{round,colon,bibstyle}}

so that you get the 'round' and 'colon' options automatically.
(You can override these by adding extra options.)
The 'bibstyle'  option simply means that the \bibstyle  and  \citestyle macros
do the same thing, rather than having different meanings.

> The problem I have is that if I have a label in the bibitem, it shows in the
> beginning of the bibliography item (eg: "[Canzonery:01]"). I don't want this
> in the bibliography itself, but if I remove the label, it defaults to
> numbers and I can't cite in the text.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

"help" (no quotes) in the body.