[Mac OS X TeX] [TeXShop] Building new PDFLatex format

Vincent Jalby vjalby at mac.com
Sat Sep 1 10:18:29 CEST 2001

Hi!

I've just installed TeXShop and teTeX and it's very impressive.
I've already been able to add all my custom PS fonts, etc.

However, I'd like to install a more recent distribution of LaTeX (2000/06)
instead of (1999/12).

I was able to build the LateX.fmt and pdfLaTeX.fmt and they work if I place
them inside  usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/ .

However, if I place them (the format files) inside ~/Library/texmf/web2c/,
then only TeX+Ghostscript works in TeXShop. PDFTex returns an "Fatal format
file error".
Actually, this errors also occurs when I only place latex.fmt
(but not pdflatex.fmt) in ~/Library/texmf/web2c/.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Vincent

PS. Any list archive available ?