[Mac OS X TeX] Spell Checking and Text Editors

Rick Zaccone zaccone at bucknell.edu
Tue Sep 18 16:25:51 CEST 2001

>I 'm looking for a simple text editor with the capability of spell
>checking in several languages .  I would use TexShop or TextEdit, but
>they have only a English dictionary. Are there more dictionaries for
>the spell service in OSX? And what about Excalibur? With which
>Texteditors can Excalibur be integrated?

The following text editors have support for Word Services.  They
integrate nicely with Excalibur.

BBEdit 6     <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit.html>
Z-Write      <http://www.stonetablesoftware.com/z-write.html>
Jedit        <http://www02.matsumoto.co.jp/product/Jedit4/index_E.html>
Nisus Writer <http://www.nisus.com/Products/NisusWriter/>
Tex-Edit     <http://www.nearside.com/trans-tex/>
Writer PRO   <http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/software/writerpro/>

As far as I know, BBEdit is the only one that has any LaTeX awareness
(syntax coloring) though.  I don't use any of these, so I invite
people to correct me if I'm wrong.

Rick

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.