[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and tex/gs (again)

Andrew J. Miller ajmiller at psu.edu
Sat Sep 29 01:39:56 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I was having the same problem with tex-ghostscript in TeXShop.

I found that  this line in my .tcshrc file was causing
tex-ghostscript to not work
        setenv MANPATH "${MANPATH}:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/local/man"

One way to get around this is to replace this line of code in the
.tcshrc with the following:

if ($?MANPATH) then
         setenv MANPATH "${MANPATH}:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/local/man"
endif

That way if the MANPATH variable is not set, it will skip the setenv line.

The expression $?var  returns 1 if var is set, and 0 if it is not set.
This could be used with any variable that is not defined when
tex-ghostscript typesetting is used.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.