[Mac OS X TeX] dvipdfm available under fink

Julien Letessier mezis at online.fr
Thu Sep 6 14:09:45 CEST 2001

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>le 5/09/01 2:44, David R. Morrison à drm at cgtp.duke.edu a écrit :

> The documentation goes on to note that the desired .pdf file should be
> prepared with outline fonts rather than bitmapped fonts, since the latter
> scale very poorly.  Since ps2pdf cannot do this directly, a solution based
> on that program works best if you switch to Times or some other postscript
> font.  The commercial Adobe Acrobat program does not have this restriction.

I'm afraid that this is inaccurate. Older versions of GhostScript (the
toolkit that lies inside ps2pdf) couldn't include outline fonts inside PDFs,
but at least the lates 7.00 version is a complete replacement for Acrobat
Distiller.
--
Julien <mezis> LETESSIER  snail-mail:              tel: +33 6 63 19 67 11
ENSIMAG student           36 cours Berriat         ICQ# 113401566

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.