[Mac OS X TeX] TexShop, vi issues

thomas.braun at unibas.ch thomas.braun at unibas.ch
Fri Sep 21 10:26:24 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi

I'm using the perl-script "atchange" for automatic triggering pdftex and
acrobat reader. You start this perl script to watch a specific file for
changes  - so if you safe your MyDocument.tex atchange starts a UNIX
batch (alltex) doing the TeX staff:

perl atchange MyDocument.tex alltex MyDocument

You can find more information on
http://www.gnu.org/directory/atchange.html

If there is interest, I can send you my scripts as attachment.

Thomas

On Donnerstag, September 20, 2001, at 10:49  Uhr, Albert Willis wrote:

> Hi. I'm working with a user who is an expert vi user. It's the only
> editor that she uses on Mac OS X. She uses TexShop to preview Tex
> documents. The problem is that when she makes changes in vi, TexShop
> doesn't recognize the change, unless she closes the document and
> re-opens it.
>
> Obviously, if you are in the process of creating a document, you don't
> want to have to open it 30 times. It would be nice if TexShop checked
> if the file's been modified since it was last typeset and got the
> latest version of the file if it's been modified when you ask it to
> typeset.
>
> Is there a way to have TexShop notice when the file's been updated in
> vi, so the user doesn't have to keep re-opening it?
>
> Is there any editor for the Mac that a vi user would love?
>
> Another complaint is that TexShop crashes when the Tex document
> contains more than a few errors. Have other people experienced this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>   -- Al
> --
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

Thomas Braun
Biozentrum, MIH
Klingelbergstrasse 70