[Mac OS X TeX] New teTeX.dmg in the works

James Owen jhgowen at mac.com
Fri Oct 12 02:31:56 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>
On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 05:21 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Some of you may know of my teTeX distribution. As soon as I receive the
> 10.1 developer stuff, I will update the current release. Amongst
> others, the next release will:
> - include pdfslide package (+ java program to create pdf slides with
> pauses and such)
> - keep ~/Library/texmf out of the way where texhash is concerned
> - add margin kerning package by Han The Thanh
> These are done.
>
> I'll have another go at replacing gs6.01 with gs6.50.
>
> I am thinking about
> - adding bibtool
> - adding support for PostScript fonts that are available on Mac OS X.
>
> I am wondering if there are other requests. And I am wondering if
> someone has already performed all the magic for the second one (fonts)
> above so that I can just run the necessary scripts on my system and add
> the results to the TeX distribution.

Is it complicated to add in options for obvious teX variants, such as
RevTeX for all those of us writing papers for Phys. Rev. ? I only ask
because I had a slightly annoying time getting RevTeX4 in the right
places so that TeXShop would see it properly. They are also recommending
bibtex in RevTeX 4, so including that would certainly be a good thing.

James

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.