[Mac OS X TeX] OffTopic - Telnet / remote login in X.1

Hemant K. Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Thu Oct 4 23:23:54 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi -

I apologize for this off-topic mail, but I know there must be a very simple
answer ...

1. I was getting set up to install TeXShop - right after I had upgraded to
OSX.1. However, now I can no longer telnet into my Mac from a remote
machine -- I keep getting a "connection refused" message. I have verified,
of course, that I have the correct privileges set up to allow remote login.

I wonder if others experienced this problem on upgrading to X.1

2. As an aside, I've also found that I can't do a "wget" to download files
(and that this doesn't exist under /usr/bin) whereas it worked perfectly
well under X.0 .. so I can tell that certain things have changed.

- Hemant

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.