[Mac OS X TeX] Setting A4 as default paper size

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Oct 22 03:09:48 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I found the followign  fix for setting A4 as default paper size on
MacFixit.  This
worked for me -- at least for the last couple of days.

As it involves fiddling with a system file you do it at your own
risk !!  I don't have sufficient expertise to assure you that it
will not do any harm.

Note that it is case sensitive. I entered iso-A4 and it didn't work.

>http://www.macfixit.com/archivesx/october.01.a.x.shtml
>

>Non-US default paper size: another work-around
>
>Regarding our previous item on changing the default paper size,
>Martin Ler offers another solution:
>

>"Rather than working with the PaperInfo.xml file, open the
>ApplicationServices.framework in System/Library/Frameworks and
>navigate down to
>Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings.
>In this file locate 'DefaultPaperSize = na-letter'.
>
>There you should place the name of your preferred default page size.
>The right names you will find in the PaperInfo.xml file up in the
>Resources directory. For example: na-letter is name for US-Letter
>and iso-a4 is for A4 paper size."
>

>Caveat: You will need to be a root user to edit this; and changing
>System files is always a risk.

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt