[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar/Landscape

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Sat Oct 27 04:23:15 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi -

I am using the "seminar" package to create slides, and am having some
difficulty in generating landscape slides -- I've tried this in both
CMacTeX and TeXShop on OSX.

The problem is that the pages show up in portrait mode, with the right
part of the landscape page chopped off. This is true for all cases:
.dvi, .ps, and .pdf.

I have tried various variants and combinations of the following:

\documentclass[slidesonly,landscape]{seminar}
%\documentclass[slidesonly]{seminar}
\renewcommand{\printlandscape}{\special{landscape}}
%\def\printlandscape{\special{landscape}}

Before this I was successfully able to generate landscape slides using
OzTeX on OS 9 -- but in order to get landscape slides, I had to go into
the dvi previewer, switch the view to landscape mode, and then run
dvips. I don't find an equivalent step when using either CMacTeX or
TeXShop.

Any thoughts appreciated .. thanks in advance.

- Hemant Bhargava

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.