[Mac OS X TeX] New teTeX.dmg (small updater available)

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Oct 31 15:58:28 CET 2001

<x-flowed>On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, at 02:55 , Hemant Bhargava wrote:

> Would you please let us know if the latest one (Oct 30) is
> significantly different, and if we need to update and reinstall.

There is only one small change. I forgot to fix protcode.tex in the
texmf tree, but an updated protcode.tex is needed if it is to run with
the newer pdfTeX I have installed.

You only need to upgrade if you want to be able to use margin kerning.
There is not other difference.

For convenience, I have put a small file on my ftp site.

	ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/update-protcode.tar.gz

Download and untar. It creates two files, protocde.tex.fixed and
update_protcode, which is a shell script. In a Terminal window, from the
directory where these files reside, run (as root) ./update_protcode.
This will install the fixed version twice, one in the intended place in
the main texmf tree, the other will replace any protcode.tex you might
have installed yourself in a place where it is found before the official
one.

If you do this, you have a setup which is equal to downloading and
installing the new dmg which I will upload tonight.

Gerben

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.