[Mac OS X TeX] bibTeX Tool

Arun Mangalam arun_mangalam at mac.com
Tue Oct 9 17:10:46 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hello,

There is a really good UNIX utility, bibtool, by Gerd Neugebauer at:

     http://www.dante.de/CTAN/biblio/bibtex/utils/bibtool/

BTW, to compile the above tool, do the following:

     cp /usr/libexec/config* .
     ./configure
     setenv CPPFLAGS -no-cpp-precomp
     make
     sudo make install

To get the documentation, go to the docs directory and "make".

That's it! It has options to sort to many criteria. Hope you find it
useful.

- Arun

On Tuesday, October 9, 2001, at 02:10 AM, J.Huelsmann wrote:

> Hey Folks!
> Is there a utility to edit .bib files so I can sort the fields
> alphabetically and the like?
>
> --Jan--

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.