[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar/Landscape

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Sat Oct 27 14:10:51 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Yes I've tried pdflatex too, with the same results.
Moreover, I prefer the dvips - ps2pdf route, since I use the hyperref
package and it produces great hyperlinks within the pdf file. (pdftex
doesn't do that, right?)

- Hemant

On Saturday, October 27, 2001, at 04:18 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Have yo tried to create pdf with pdflatex and then use Acrobat to view?

> On Saturday, October 27, 2001, at 04:23 , Hemant Bhargava wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> I am using the "seminar" package to create slides, and am having some
>> difficulty in generating landscape slides -- I've tried this in both
>> CMacTeX and TeXShop on OSX.
>>
>> The problem is that the pages show up in portrait mode, with the right
>> part of the landscape page chopped off. This is true for all cases:
>> .dvi, .ps, and .pdf.
>>
>> I have tried various variants and combinations of the following:
>>
>> \documentclass[slidesonly,landscape]{seminar}
>> %\documentclass[slidesonly]{seminar}
>> \renewcommand{\printlandscape}{\special{landscape}}
>> %\def\printlandscape{\special{landscape}}
>>
>> Before this I was successfully able to generate landscape slides using
>> OzTeX on OS 9 -- but in order to get landscape slides, I had to go
>> into the dvi previewer, switch the view to landscape mode, and then
>> run dvips. I don't find an equivalent step when using either CMacTeX
>> or TeXShop.
>>
>> Any thoughts appreciated .. thanks in advance.
>>
>> - Hemant Bhargava

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.