[Mac OS X TeX] problem with new teTeX

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Oct 28 03:13:07 CET 2001

> On 10/28/2001 at 10:28 AM +1100, Ross Moore wrote:
>
> >My experience with pdfTeX under Unix (from before TeXshop arrived,
> >and subsequently) is that the  viewport = .... option
> >to \includegraphics  (from graphicx package) only works properly
> >in conjunction with the  'clip' option.
> >
> >You must use (something like):
> >
> >  \includegraphics[viewport= llx lly urx ury,clip]{myimage}
> >
> >to get just the desired portion of the image showing.
>
> I just tried it and it still doesn't work as before. The odd thing is
> that it worked perfectly before without the clip option.

Hmm.  What is the version number on  pdftex.def ?

mine is:
\ProvidesFile{pdftex.def}[2000/11/10 v0.03f graphics/color for pdftex]

By the way, can you be more specific about what "doesn't work as before"
actually means?

Does it mean: "it works -- I see the image, but with different size
 or margins to what I used to get";
or do you just not get any image at all?

> Either something has broken in the most recent teTeX or something was
> broken before and at least three people (me, F. Costanzo, and Bruno
> Voisin) found out how to work around it without knowing it. :-)
>
> Any other thoughts?

My 1st suspicion would fall on the version of  pdftex.def  included
within your teTeX distribution.

The latest, at:
 http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/pdftex.def
is:

\ProvidesFile{pdftex.def}[2001/09/01 v0.03h graphics/color for pdftex]

but the change-log entries don't indicate anything relevant to this
problem was done in versions v0.03g or v0.03h.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

> Best regards,
>
> --
>     Gary L. Gray
>     Associate Professor
>     Engineering Science & Mechanics
>     Penn State University
>     (814) 863-1778
>     http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.