[Mac OS X TeX] Print and crash problems

Alessandro Languasco languasc at math.unipd.it
Wed Oct 17 18:22:00 CEST 2001

<x-flowed ISO-8859-1>Gerben: thanks for the infos.

I tried to post a message to the Apple feedback and to the Apple
support....
now I'm waiting...

But I have two questions for the TeXShop-tetex developers:
1) why don't you  add the possibility to choose a previewer different
>from the apple one?
I don't know if it's an hard thing to do, but since there's a bug in the
apple machinery...

2) the .pdf generation you use is quite different from the one used
by macps2pdf. The dimension of the files is very different (8KB with
macps2pdf against 52KB with the translation used in texshop-tetex)
and also the displaying speed  is very different (in Acrobat reader;
using
preview the os 10.1 always crashes). why?
It's a very strange thing, isn't it ?

Thanks again (also to Nick Warner and William Adams)

	Alessandro

On Mercoledì, ottobre 17, 2001, at 09:59 , Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 16, 2001, at 06:50 , Alessandro Languasco wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that the problem is in the .ps -> .pdf operation
>> performed by the tetex package.
>

> Both the printing problem and the crash problem seem to be very nasty
> bugs in Apple's PDF code since 10.1.
>
> The fact that they do not show up in some other ways of displaying (or
> printing) PDF has to do with the fact that these ways do not use
> Apple's PDF implementation (Acrobat, macGSView, everything X11-based).
>
> I urge you all to put non-working PDF on a ftp or http site somewhere
> and tell Apple using the feedback on their web site. This *must* be
> fixed. A great amount of bug reporting may help.
>
> Gerben

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.