teTeX mod for Mac fonts (was Re: [Mac OS X TeX] Font question)

Richard.Gill at math.uu.nl Richard.Gill at math.uu.nl
Tue Nov 6 17:47:12 CET 2001

Dear Folks
I just joined this email list this afternoon. Incidentally I recently
succeeded in getting a number of Type 1 fonts, some bought from Adobe,
others manufactured myself, and others from Y&Y, working in
TeTeX / CMacTeX / TeXShop.
There are free utilities for converting between pfa, pfb and lwfn.
There are free utilities for generating a new afm from a pfb and of
course for converting afm to tfm. The .map files are not very difficult
to understand. Occasionally one needs to reencode a font, with a .enc
file which is just a table of "from" -> "to" (or vice versa).
I'll try to collect the information I have and will post it, if it would
be relevant to the question.
Yours
Richard Gill.

mailto:richard.gill at math.uu.nl
mobile: +31 6 224 27 127                                 0__
http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill                       c/ /'_
snailmail: math.inst, uu, box 80010, 3508 ta utrecht___(+)_\(+)__

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.