[Mac OS X TeX] Absolute paths always in .texshop files

Maarten Sneep sneep at nat.vu.nl
Fri Nov 16 11:26:06 CET 2001

On 16-Nov-01 Bruno Voisin wrote:
#  Hello,
#
#  I just noticed that, when a Project Root is defined using the "Set
#  Project Root..." menu command, the file name saved to the corresponding
#  .texshop file is absolute, like /Users/me/Main.tex, even if the name
#  entered in the dialog window was relative, i.e. ../Main.tex.

Very true, and the same thought had crossed my mind. I wrote a little unix
shell script that will generate the .texshop files for you for a given tree. I
will post the script when I have my computer with me to work.

The script assumes that you'll want a .texshop file for every .tex file in the
current tree, all pointing to the same project root.

./root.tex
./f1/d1.tex
./f1/d2.tex
./f2/f1.tex
./f2/d2.tex

if the script is used on this tree, starting from . and specifying root.tex as
the project root, .texshop files are created for all d1.tex and d2.tex files,
all pointing to root.tex. Incidently, a .texshop file for root.tex is also
created, this is harmless though.

If wanted, I'll post this script some time next week.

Maarten Sneep

Murphy's Law, supplemental:
Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.