[Mac OS X TeX] Re: teTeX mod for Mac fonts (was Re: [Mac OS XTeX]Font question)

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 7 22:18:07 CET 2001

<x-flowed>At 3:48 PM -0500 11/7/01, William Adams wrote:
>Since teTeX runs on many platforms, but Mac OS X format fonts should
>only appear on Mac OS X, to my mind, no.

If someone makes a new Mac OS X font downloadable from their
web-site, then a non-Mac-OS-X user would need a tool before they
could use it.  But I guess that's the case in general.

>The ideal would be for the development of an extended version of TeX
>which supported Unicode input and used Mac OS X system calls so as to
>make use of Mac fonts like TeX/GX does. (Richard, did I ever send you
>the .pdf readme files for TeX/GX?)

This sounds nice (I like ideals); so this extra code could be in
teTeX, but only compiled if compilation happens on an Mac OS X system.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.