[Mac OS X TeX] Alpha for OS X?: was BBEdit plug-ins for teTeX

Michael Goldweber mikeyg at cerebro.cs.xu.edu
Wed Nov 14 17:16:21 CET 2001

<x-flowed>>Subject changed from BBEdit to Alpha.

>I too am awaiting an Alpha for OS X.
>
>The link Michael sent also refers to running AlphaTk on X11 on OS X.
>I also saw an announcement for a Native Aqua Tcl/Tk.
>
>http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/News/2001-10-16.01.html
>

>Has anyone any experience running AlphaTk and integrating it with teTeX?
>
>Alan

I have installed the above native Tcl/Tk implementation
(MacOSXTK8.4a4).  (No installation necessary since it comes bundled
as an application to be dragged into the Applications folder.  There
is also a folder that goes into the Library folder.)

I then downloaded Alphatk application.  (I am not sure which version
I got since the ftp site listed a version 7.3, a version 8.0, and an
un-numbered version with a mod date (11/14) that was the most current
of the three.   The 7.3 version had a mod date of 8/10 while the 8.0
version had a mod date of 7/2.)  I selected the un-numbered version.

I got the AlphaTK splash screen which unfortunately was followed by
the application unexpectedly quiting.

Anyone have better luck?

mikeyg
--

Michael Goldweber			Associate Professor of Computer Science
Xavier University			Dept. of Math and Computer Science

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.