[Mac OS X TeX] OzTeX configs in TeXShop?

piet at cs.uu.nl piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue Nov 27 14:12:46 CET 2001

GW> On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, at 04:44 , Michael Murray wrote:
>> If you have more things like fonts and configs
>> as I understand it (which is very little) tex under tetex
>> will look for things only in certain places so if I put fonts
>> in the same folder I would not find them. So the whole texmf
>> tree has to be a copy of the standard system texmf tree. Thats
>> why you have to create the whole sequence of folders above.

GW> The story is almost correct. Mostly, only the *first* subfolder below
GW> 'texmf' need to be specific.

GW> E.g. ~/Library/texmf/tex/foo.sty will be found by LATeX.

GW> ~/Library/texmf/tex for tex,latex,sty,tex source, etc (which is enough for
GW> most people)
GW> ~/Library/texmf/fonts for font stuff.

This is not correct. Look into the texmf.cnf:
latex will only look in tex/latex and tex/generic
whereas plain tex will look in tex/plain and tex/generic.
The pdf versions will also look in the corresponding directories in pdftex.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl

"help" (no quotes) in the body.