[Mac OS X TeX] OpenType

Richard D. Gill Richard.Gill at math.uu.nl
Wed Nov 7 07:52:09 CET 2001

Martin Costable wrote:

> What this means for TeX, I don't know.  I would sure like to be able
> to have some native font support, but if it just means PostScript
> fonts, that'd be fine for me.
I have the impression that in this whole font discussion nobody
mentioned the little manipulation that lets you use the CM postscript
fonts instead of running metafont and using bitmap fonts

To this I would add: CMacTeX and TeXShop (running over TeTeX) automatically
use the postscript CM fonts. I agree that this should be the default.
Furthermore, nobody should go to any trouble to get bitmapped fonts in
proprietary formats into TeTeX. But it is worth the trouble to get the
incorporation of Type 1 postscript fonts as easy and automatics as possible.
Luc Devroye at McGill has some fantastic font pages on www. Search for him
in Yahoo and you will find a mine of information...
Richard.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.