[Mac OS X TeX] BBEdit 6.5 tip

V. Vatsal vatsal at math.ub.ca
Sat Nov 17 15:26:06 CET 2001

<x-flowed>And it will even display the theorems, lemmas, etc: any environment that is
delimted with \begin and \end statements.

Another feature that I really like: you can use the "find and mark all"
with a suitable grep pattern to insert bookmarks at any strategic points,
which then become visible in the marks menu. I use this to find and display
all labels for named/custom environments. Together these two features make
navigating a large document a snap.

--On Saturday, November 17, 2001 11:30 PM +1030 Michael Murray
<mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> In case anyone else here is new to BBEdit 6.5 here is a neat thing.
> (I don't know if it works in other BBEdit's, probably).  Go into
> Preferences > Function Popup and untick all options.  Now when you open a
> latex doc the function button (second from left at the top of the doc)
> displays all the sections and subsections.
>

> Michael
> --
> Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
> Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
> University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
> Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
> Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
> PGP public key:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

-----
Vinayak Vatsal
Department of Mathematics