[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and Illustrator 10 (yay!)

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Fri Nov 30 14:07:21 CET 2001

Jacques -

Just one comment ... you note you did the formulas in tex, then
converted to eps using the previewer, then brought them into your
graphic document to combine the picture and formulas ... there is an
easier way.

Use the psfrag package (there was a description on this list a few weeks
back). In your Illustrator figure, simply include symbols such as A,x,
alpha etc. , then in your .tex file, do \psfrag replacements such as

\psfrag{A}{\alpha^{2}}
\psfrag{x}[Br][Br]{\frac{\partial f(x)}{\partial x}}

where the optional arguments [Br][Br] say that the Bottom right corner
of the textbox is to align with the Bottom right corner of the text
replacement.

However, here's the catch. All of this does not work with pdftex, you
have to use TeX+Ghostscript. This should not pose any problems either,
except that the community seems to favor pdftex, so there'll be better
support for it.

Hope this helps,

- Hemant

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 01:03 AM, Jacques Distler wrote:

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.