[Mac OS X TeX] OzTeX configs in TeXShop?

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Nov 27 14:36:26 CET 2001

>Sorry, that message was not supposed to be sent.
>
>I discovered that -- in spite of the texmf.cnf settings -- all the
>~/Library/texmf/tex stuff is searches in latex.
>Where is that done?
>--
>Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
>Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl

Have a look in the doc that comes with the teTeX installer called
Howtexfindsfiles. It says

TEXINPUTS.latex = .:$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//

is expanded by latex to be

	$TEXMF/tex/latex//,$TEXMF/tex/generic//,$TEXMF/tex///

My guess is that this due to the second ,  If you had

TEXINPUTS.latex = .:$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic}//

it would expand to

	$TEXMF/tex/latex//,$TEXMF/tex/generic//

I'

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt